Special evening in the Botanic Gardens.
In November 2014, the Accolade Beefsteak and Burgundy Club celebrated its 25th Anniversary with dinner at the Botanic Gardens Restaurant. We were honoured to host Dr. Bruce Perks, International Vice President, who presented the Club’s 25th Medallion to Founding & Life Member Sara Schroder.
The club’s committee had been planning for this event for some time and provided members and their guests with a superb menu of:
- Seared Yellow Fin Tuna – Avocado, Pickled Kohlrabi, Puffed Wild Rice, Miso Dressing
- Coorong Angus Flank Steak – Liquorice Short Rib, Potatoes Boulanger, Smoked King Brown Mushroom
- Chocolate Delice – Earl Grey Chocolate Jelly, Mandarin Mousse, Burnt Orange
The menu was complimented by some fabulous wines from the Club`s own cellar, including:
- 2001 Michell McNichol Shiraz,
- 2002 Genders Duncan Cabernet, and
- 1975 Genders Port.
It was a wonderful evening of socializing and enjoying “good food and great wines”. Complements go to the organizing committee and restaurant staff who ensured the success of this significant event in the Club`s history.